Wow! Its been a long time since my last post. With spring approaching fast its time to start cleaning her up and fixing a few more things. Today was a wonderful day in the mid 60's with a slight breeze. I decided to do a few cosmetic things this month until my guy that I have talked to comes to give a good once over on the brakes.
I started by ordering the wiper blades the day before yesterday. Jumping out of bed and sprinting to the store to pick them up the next morning like a 5 yr old on Christmas morning I hate waiting lol. Then rushing home to go to my daughters play. My mom never came to most things I did when I was young so... I cant do that to my lil girl. I am also agoraphobic so I took my anti panic meds and worked up the courage and fought my way there. I had to stare at her blocking as many people out as I can to stay calm while memorizing the exits in case it gets too bad . She did so good they did hey diddle diddle she was the cow that jumped over the moon. It was also my 43rd birthday so that took away all the gloom from feeling that little ping of fear as the sand in the hour glass of life gets lower and lower until the last grains fall through and God calls us home.
I awoke today and grabbed all my tools and parts paint etc like a master baker prepares to make the days bread. I rushed out this morning to find the before mentioned day. The birds were chirping sun was shining it felt like the perfect day. I took the acorn nut off first to remove the wiper arm....of course the arm was trying to ruin my Perfect day. lol I went and dug out my pully puller and made quick work of removing it. Both arms were very rusty from 42 years of the elements.
I used 150 grit sand paper to remove most of the surface rust. Then sprayed it down with the rust to primer spray two light coats as the directions recomended...yes I read them as all the women reading this fall over from shock. Later after it dried I painted the arm with a satin alluminum spray paint. and let it dry then Installed the new wiper blade and set to the side. Over to the travco I flew like a flash I threw open the shutters and threw up the sash....oops wrong story. I masked off the posts and sanded rust and coated and painted like before also before painting I masked the rubber boot on the post so it would stay black.
After that dried I reassembled the arm on the travco and stood back and admired the look and did the same on the other side. It turned out pretty good it wasnt very hard just time consuming but an afternoon on my travco is better than a minute working lol.
I finally cleaned up my mess and came in for the evening and am dreaming of what tomorrow will bring.